My Weekend at Palm Springs

On a late afternoon Friday, my parents decided we should go somewhere relaxing for the weekend. Palm Springs! Supposedly they wanted to go last week, but they didn’t have time that week. We packed our necessities and essentials. If I had know about where we were going earlier I would have went to the store to get snacks. It was too late anyway. I wished my mom and dad told my sister in the morning, ahead of time. She takes forever to get ready. I was ready to leave, so I settled down at the dinner table and waited for my family to come downstairs. I heard the sound of my sister coming down the stairs, which felt like forever. My parents said, “Come on we are going to be stuck in traffic!” And off we went. Short story, we ended up in traffic anyway. Even though we left early, it didn’t change anything. Vroom! I always feel really car sick whenever I went I go on a car trip. I rolled down the car window to let some fresh air in. This usually helps me not get car sick on road trips. To get to Palm Springs, it takes about an hour from Orange County to Palm Springs, but for us, it took us two hours to get to Palm Springs. We were going into the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. We arrived at night. I was so tired. My parents booked a hotel for only a night. Anyhow, I woke up, got ready, and we gathered our bags and headed down out of the hotel. The bags felt so heavy. Almost felt like the bags were filled with big rocks and nothing else but that. My family and I loaded our things into the car and drove up to go to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. While driving, it felt steep or that the car could suddenly stumble down anytime. I opened the car door and put on my blue sweater over my long sleeve. My sister didn’t really wear the right attire for the snow, good thing my mom got snow attire. Up we made our way to the aerial tramway. I was so excited to see some snow!! My mom and I said excited to each other, “I hope we can see snowfall!” When entering, I saw the temperature supposedly it was going to be up in the mountain station.We missed the one we were supposed to ride in, but it was ok. Walking down the line, I saw the open exit to line up for the aerial tramway. Once we walked to the line, my family and I walked in, so we could go see the snow. The person who was there asked us, “Would you guys like a photo together?” We responded in unison, “Yes please.” Off went the camera, Click! As we walked away, our rough shoes scraped the floor, making a sound of a rhythmic tapping noise. For a few minutes, I was thinking about what we would see up in the mountains, would it snow? Anyway, we were boarding soon, so in the meantime, I watched the tv in front of me. A few minutes later, they said to get ready to board. We soon started gathered around to board. Clunk! Clunk! The aerial tramway was making its way down here with people. The aerial tramway was hanged from the towers as it seemed to walk up the view of mountains leading to the mountain station. It was our turn to go, so up we went the wobbly route up. The side were rotating! I felt like it could fall since it was high up, and near these points, the towers. Almost like a jelly waiting to be sunken to the ground! Finally arriving after a solid 10 minutes. It was freezing cold. It started raining, so we got inside quite frantically, to the mountain station. Along we brought our bags carried onto our backs. We were hungry, I hadn’t ate much so my mom and dad said , “ Do you guys want food? It’s been quite a while.” Me and my sister said, “ Yes let’s go.” We caught site of food, and so we went. I saw pizza, so I asked my parents if we could have some, responding with a yes. Seeing the gooey cheesy pizza, we asked the server, with a slice server if my sister and I could have a slice of pizza. My dad also wanted a slice so we waited. Being ready to pay, my mom wanted something too, so she got a sandwich with veggies, cheese, and ham. We paid at the cash register, got napkins and sat down. All of us got full so we went outside. It started snowing! Oh my gosh! It got cold. We entered quickly inside. After eating and the weather calmed down, we went outside to walk in the snow left previous from earlier. We changed into warm clothes in the bathrooms, and walked down the steep small slopes getting more horizontal. After walking enough to get to the trail, we found a tree stump that looked like a big chair. We took photos sitting on it and looked around to see snow and my sister and I picked up the fluffy, cold, icy, snow forming into a round snowball. We had a snow fight. After, we ate some snacks on a bench and rested from having so much fun. Following the trail, trees covered in blobs of snow, we all walked along to another bridge and crossed to see a stream flowing down the bridge beneath us. Click! Click! It felt nice in the snow. Peaceful really. I looked up to the cloudy sky, seeing little star snowflakes. I had never seen such tiny ones. What a delightful day I had. My mom was so cheerful, since he hasn’t never seen snow fall ever. All of us so happy. It was really a wonderful moment we had experienced that day.