Rad Reading- September

The Summer I Turned Pretty – I have not finished this book yet; I am currently on page 191. I have been enjoying this book, while it’s about a girl Belly, but her real name is Isabella. Each summer, behind her school life, she escapes to Cousins Beach. She spends her time every summer here. The beach house is away from home, but her favorite people are there, Susannah. Susannah is her mothers best friend. Along with her sons: Conrad and Jeremiah. She has chased Conrad for a long time, but she has some hope for this summer to be different. Although, besides that, She distracts herself to a guy named Cam. She lingers away from Conrads brother, Jeremiah. Who knows what will happen?

I really love this book so far. I usually don’t like reading a lot, but this book feels like a movie in your head. The book also has lots of life to it.

My favorite character is Belly. One trait that describes belly is stubborn. One quote from the book is, “ Thats it. Cam and I are eating our dinner on the porch.” I grabbed my plate and waited for Cam to stand up too. Another one on page 170-171 is , “I sat back down, although it killed me to do it. I hated losing face in front of everyone, but if I did walk out by myself, I knew no one would come after me.” But sometimes, Belly can be nice.

My favorite quote from the book is, “Gnomes don’t dance. I was a ballerina, for your information.” This quote is meaningful to me because of how after that, it describes while in that time, her mom worked twice a job, and couldn’t pick her up. But while she cares alot for her mom.

One thought on “Rad Reading- September”

1. Nice job! Remember to include the author’s name. Also, make sure you explain your quotes about the character trait…in this case explain what is happening in the story to show that quote means she is jealous.