Rad Reading – October

For October, I read A Good Girls Guide To Murder by Holly Jackson. I haven’t finished this book yet, but I am currently on page 42. This book is about a girl in high school Andie Bell that was killed by her boyfriend, Sal Singh. But then not shortly after Sal Singh killed himself. Five years from the accident, Pip sees how the tragedy still haunts her town.

A senior now Pip, she decides to observe the closed case for her final project. She first doubts the original investigation. Soon Pip discovers a trail of dark secrets that would make Sal innocent… and a flashback between past and present begins to blur. But somebody in her area in Fairview doesn’t want Pip digging for answers to this closed case….and now, her own life might be at risk.

I so far recommend this book to someone who’s likes mystery because it has many things that are confusing but this book shows the things that shows the trail to things by using good evidence and has lots of interesting words and you could learn a lot of new different words and their meaning. This book is kind of like someone calling back and forth like text messages. One thought that wanted me to read this book, is how Sal Singh had killed his own girlfriend Andie Bell, but then later… killed himself. This made me want to figure out what happens next, and why exactly he killed himself? Then as the book says some dark secrets would prove Sal Singh even though he killed somebody, but then how would that prove Sal Singh is innocent?

My favorite character is pip because she is shows how she’s sympathetic. Later on in the book, one quote that shows this is, “The people you love weren’t algebra: to be calculated, subtracted, or held at arm’s length across a decimal point.” This shows how she loves the people she loves and that everyone isn’t the same, and we are all different, and unique in our own ways.

My favorite quote from the book is,“But sometimes remembering isn’t for yourself, sometimes you do it just to make someone else smile. Those lies were allowed.” This quote is meaningful because when you do something for someone else, it can mean giving up something for someone else just to make them happy even if you feel sad.

One thought on “Rad Reading – October”